July 9, 2016

The Pixar Points #29: A Lookback at 'Disney Infinity'

Hi everybody! Time for another Pixar Points, where we look at a Pixar-related topic and I give my thoughts on it.

So as you have probably heard by now the Disney Infinity has been discontinued mainly because of it not doing as well as it once was. I have played all of the games in this series and I had fun time playing them. So now I'll give my thoughts on each game and give a tribute to this series. So let's get started!


Disney Infinity (1.0) - Back when this series I was really excited and I was interested to see a game where all these Disney and Pixar characters would come together. When I finally got my hands on the game and played it, it was some of the most fun I had playing a game. But sadly my version of the game was pretty limited since I got the normal Wii version which is way more limited then the other versions, but I did later try out the computer version which was more fun to play since it was less limited.

Disney Infinity 2.0 - When Disney confirmed a sequel to the game I was excited, but oddly enough the thing I was least excited for was the Marvel characters. This is mainly because I have never been that big of a Marvel fan. But I was excited for updates to the flaws of the game and they did bring great new elements to the game which were really good. But, this is sadly my least favorite game in the series mainly because the game focused too much on the Marvel aide of things and not the Disney and Pixar characters also I only played the game on the computer since I didn't have a Wii U yet. So even though they did have some nice new stuff, it was pretty disappointing.

Disney Infinity 3.0 - This was probably the best Disney Infinity yet, because they focused equally on all of the franchises including the new Star Wars element, which I was a bigger fan of. Also, they brought some great new elements to the game again and I played on the Wii U which definitely made me feel like I was playing game way more then how it felt playing on the computer. Anyways, there isn't that much left to say but this is the best edition of the series and it made me excited for the next edition of the game.

But sadly, like I mentioned at the beginning of the post, the game is going to be discontinued soon. Including the Toy Boxes that you could visit online soon not going to be available. Also, they had some amazing plans for the future of the series that they would had released.

So, even though it is sad to see Disney Infinity go, at least the spirit of the game will live on through memories and if you still have the game. Maybe we will get a 4.0 sometime in the future, but don't be surprised if it doesn't happen.

What are your thoughts on Disney Infinity? Leave your thoughts in the comments below!

No comments: