April 3, 2016

The Pixar Points #26: Pixar's Trailers and Are They Necessary?

Hi everybody! Time for another Pixar Points and today we are looking at the trailers of Pixar and how necessary are they.

Trailers are "an excerpt or series of excerpts from a movie or program used to advertise it in advance" and Pixar have been doing them since there first movie, Toy Story. Which showed off a bit of the what the movie would be like. But what some people don't remember is that people still thought it will be bad, which didn't happen.

Pixar has been doing trailers for all of their films, from the their earlier films and newer films to give an idea of what the what the movie will be about. They do anywhere from two to three trailers for each of their films (not including teasers). They do get some people more interested in the movie and it's always great to see some of footage of the movie before the movie as long as it doesn't get too spoilerly", but does that mean the trailers are automatically necessary?

I already feel like this will be an unpopular opinion, but I personally don't really get the point of trailers. I get that you want to get people interested in movies or get a glimpse at an upcoming movie, but most of the time when people want to learn more about a movie or find out about a movie they have the internet or find out if they should see the movie when reviews start coming out. I'm saying we shouldn't stop showing clips or teasers, heck I would be okay with enjoy one trailer every now and there. But I don't think their that necessary all that much, I'll still watch them and make posts about them but I have yet to see the true point of trailers, I still watch, laugh, and analysis them, but most of the time when people want to learn and find out about movies they can or already know about it. But who knows? Maybe my opinion will change and I will get the point of them just as much as I like watching them, because I do like watching them but they can get really pointless sometimes.

What are your thoughts on trailers and do you think their necessary or not and why? Leave your responses in the comments below and I'll see you next time!

Next Time on Pixar Points: The Top 5 Saddest Pixar Moments

No comments: