March 29, 2016

Post 225: Randy Newman Will Score Both 'Toy Story 4' & 'Cars 3'

Hi everybody! Time to talk about another news story! We haven't done this in a while because they're hasn't been much news recently but now we do! So our first news story in a while is about a composer who has scored for Pixar a couple times in the past is scoring for Pixar yet again!

It has been confirmed in a interview on the site The Advertiser that Randy said that he is working on two Pixar scores:

"TDA: I read in The Atlantic you're working on an album now.

RN: “I think I’ll play two or three songs from it. There are a couple of love songs on it; there’s a song about Putin. I’ve got a song about Sonny Boy Williamson, a blues guy. But I’ll do some, definitely."

TDA: What’s the ETA on that one?

RN: “I don’t know. Probably I’ll be done by the middle of this year with it. I’m just doing arrangements. I’ve recorded the songs, but I just have arrangements to do, which I find difficult, always. I would think next year. Since I’m doing a few movies and so I can’t go on that much. I’m doing ‘Cars III,’ another movie, and then ‘Toy Story IV.’ But the album’s my main interest.”"

Randy hasn't scored for Pixar since Monsters University, and these two scores will be his eight and ninth scores for Pixar with the previous ones being Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Toy Story 2, Monsters, Inc., Cars, Toy Story 3, and Monsters University.

It is also important to note that while Randy did score the first Cars movie, he didn't score Cars 2. This could be because of the rumor of the cars going to Route 99 and giving the film more of the feeling of the first film, but that's just a theory.

Anyways, what are your thoughts on Randy scoring these two films leave them in the comments below and I'll see you later!

No comments: