March 7, 2015

Pixar Review: 'Presto'

 
Hi everybody! Who would like to see a magic trick? Sadly, I have none to show you, but I have something even better, a review of the Pixar short Presto!

Plot:
A magician named Presto does a typical magic show with a couple portal hats to the "rabbit in the hat" trick. But his rabbit Alec would like to eat a carrot first. So, Alec decides he will not do the act until he is fed. The rest of the short is Alec trying to get fed in a Looney Tunes sort of way.

The Pixar Legacy:
This sort hasn't really gotten that much attention, aside from good reviews when it was release with WALL-E and nominations for several awards including an Oscar nomination. But I think it does have a Pixar legacy for having a Looney Tunes or Tom and Jerry style. It was done really well and I hope we see something like this when Inside Out comes out. So, I will say it does have a Pixar legacy. But does deserve it?

Final Thoughts:
This is one of my favorite Pixar shorts. It blends the cartoony style with the Pixar style beautifully. It shows how cartoony animation can be done good in CGI animation and not just hand drawn. The story is great and the characters are well done. I think if this is the kind of thing we see in Inside Out, I can't wait! This short deserved to be with my favorite Pixar movie currently (WALL-E). But, what do I rate it?

My Rating: 9/10

What do you think of Presto?

No comments: