February 8, 2015

The Pixar Points #19: A Look At 'Buzz Lightyear of Star Command'

Hi everybody! When they were advertising Toy Story OF TERROR!, they said it was the first Pixar television special. Now that might be true, but it wasn't the VERY first thing Pixar did for TV. Because Buzz Lightyear got a TV/direct-to-DVD movie and a TV series. Today we will be talking about it and seeing if it was good or bad.

I remember watching a couple of episodes of the series on YouTube before they got removed. I remember that they were the right mix of silly and a bit of heart still in there. It wasn't as great a experience as watching a movie or even a short. But it was a good show. Even the characters when likeable my personal favorite being a comical robot named XR. I'll say I like the short, and I wish Disney will put out a complete series DVD or Blu-ray.

Now you might be wondering about the movie. I remember when they were advertising Toy Story 3 on TV they were doing a Toy Story marathon showing the first two movies and this movie. It is actually pretty good from what I can remember. It was a good story that shows the backstory of the Buzz Lightyear from the TV show the toy Buzz is based off of.

As you can see, Buzz Lightyear of Star Command and the movie was a pretty good. It wasn't as good as your typical Pixar project, but was still good. I hope soon Disney airs reruns or a marathon of the show to celebrate this year's 20th anniversary of the Toy Story classic movie. Hopefully some people soon see the awesomeness of this show and its movie. See you soon!

What do you think of Buzz Lightyear of Star Command?

Next Time on Pixar Points: A Closer Look at A Bug's Life

No comments: