February 7, 2015

Pixar Review: 'One Man Band'

 
Hi everybody! Music makes all kinds of people happy, including if it is in Pixar movies. So how about entire short about music like in, One Man Band.

Plot:
In a quiet village, a kid is going to put a gold coin in a fountain to make a wish come true. But there is two musicians they want the gold coin for themselves. So, the musicians try to win over the gold coin.

The Pixar Legacy:
There hasn't been that much references as much as other movies, but Pixar did work hard on this short. For most Pixar projects, story comes first and music is usually last. But for this short, they worked on the story and music at the same time. For that first time they did that, I'll say this short has a Pixar legacy.

Final Thoughts:
I'm going to be honest, I didn't really enjoy this short on the first couple of viewings, but I grew to like the short later. The style of the short is really great and the animation is of course awesome when it's coming from Pixar. The story is good and you can connect to the characters even with just music. There are still a couple of things I still don't really like, but I enjoy better now. It is really well-made short, but what do I rate it?

My Rating: 8/10

What do you think of One Man Band?

No comments: