February 20, 2015

Pixar Review: 'Lifted'

 
Hi everybody! Before WALL-E there was another Pixar sci-fi project that I will be reviewing today. Here my review of Lifted!

Plot:
When a teen alien gets behind the controls of a spaceship, you will think he would know how to abduct a farmer in the middle of nowhere. That doesn't happen, instead the alien fails badly and gets a few mishaps along the way.

The Pixar Legacy:
Pixar put tons of effort into this project, and it shows. It hasn't really gotten referenced in other Pixar works, but it does something that makes it has a Pixar legacy. They let Gary Rydstrom direct it, Gary is a sound designer that worked on tons of Pixar's movies and shorts. He also directed Hawaiian Vacation and this year's Strange Magic after this short. For giving Gary his directing debut I would say this short has a Pixar legacy.

Final Thoughts:
I really like this short, it has a great story idea and is told in a great way. The animation can be a bit outdated sometimes, but is still great especially on the characters. This is one of my favorite Pixar shorts, but what do I rate it?

My Rating: 9/10

What do you think of Lifted?

No comments: