December 22, 2014

Pixar Review: 'Geri's Game'

Hi everybody! I haven't posted that much recently, so I will try to make it up. Starting with reviewing a game of chess, Geri's Game!

Plot:
An elder named Geri deiced it would be fun to play chess in the local park. But there is one little problem: no one is in the park currently. So he decides to play against himself. He gets pretty into it, he even tries to out smart himself! At the end he wins at gets himself dentures.

The Pixar Legacy:
Something that might be good to note is that the director of this short pitched the idea for Ratatouille but later got booted out of the project and got replaced by Brad Bird. Personally, I think this makes me wonder what his version would have been in the end if they haven't given it to Bird. Anyways, in Toy Story 2, Geri appears as a cleaner of Woody which is a pretty important plot element of the movie they gave to this character. So I will say that this short has a Pixar legacy. But do I think it deserves it?

Final Thoughts:
Even tough it isn't my favorite short, it does still have a somewhat of a interesting story. I wasn't that into it and the characters look really dated. But you can still tell they were trying. So what do I rate the short?
 
My Rating: 7/10

No comments: