November 7, 2014

Pixar Review: 'Red's Dream'

Hi everybody! Everyone talks about the opening of Up and the ending of Toy Story 3, but before both of those there was this short described as Pixar as their blue period.

Plot:
In a bike store, a unicycle named Red is going on a sale. In his dream world he pictures himself being the main vehicle for a clown named Lumpy. But then in the dream world, he pictures himself stealing the show and everyone loving him. But then he wakes up from the dream depressed.

The Pixar Legacy:
I feel like this was practice for people to take them seriously, what I mean is that is making people make them feel lots of emotion for their characters. You can say they did that for Luxo, Jr. already, but feel like this made people feel some real emotion. Also, the short is mentioned in the first two Toy Stories and WALL-E. So, I think this short does have a Pixar legacy.


Final Thoughts:
While the short ends at a sad ending, it still makes me feel good. The reason is because you can picture what happens next after the short ends also the circus dream makes you feel good. The animation looks good in the rain scenes but the circus scene look rushed sometimes especially with the model for Lumpy, the clown. I don't have much to say but I'd give this short from the blue period...

My Rating: 7.5/10

What do you think of Red's Dream?

No comments: