October 18, 2014

The Pixar Points #6: A Pixar Fan's Thoughts on 'The Iron Giant'

Hi everybody! It's time for another Pixar Points' A Pixar Fan's Thoughts. And today we have an animated movie by Brad Bird that wasn't with Pixar and also failed to make money, The Iron Giant from 1999. Something you might be surprised about is that I actually saw it for the first time recently, but here is where you get to know what my thoughts are on Brad's movie! So get your whip cream and Twinkies because this is my thoughts on the one and only Iron Giant.
 
My Thoughts on the Movie:
One of the first things I noticed is that the main character, Hogarth, felt like what Dash would be like in The Incredibles about five years later in Brad's career. Anyways, the humor of the movie is something that I enjoyed and the characters were likeable. I really enjoyed the animation and some of this stuff looks great for a movie of its period. And the character of the Giant himself is probably on of the coolest robots ever in animation up there with WALL-E and maybe Baymax from the upcoming Big Hero 6 movie. This is a great movie with loveable characters, awesome animation, and an interesting story the only thing that I didn't like is that it felt a bit short, I feel like if they included some of the deleted scenes it would have felt a bit more completed. Anyways, if I would give this a rating I would say its a 8/10. Anyways, that was my thoughts on The Iron Giant. Until next time, see you soon!
What do you think of the movie? (No spoilers!)
 
Next Time on Pixar Points: What Will Pixar Short Films: Volume 3 Be Like?


No comments: