WHAT WILL BE INCLUDED
The Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition) starter pack includes:
- Game Disc
- Iron Man, Thor and Black Widow figures
- Marvel Avenger's Play Set piece
- Disney Infinity base (2.0 Edition)
- Two Toy Box Discs
- Web code to play Iron Man, Thor and Black Widow in iOS & PC versions
The game will be available in Fall 2014 and will be for PlayStation 4, PlayStation3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Wii U, PC, and iOS.
|Photo from D23 event courtesy of Travis Denman|
Tonight during a special sold out D23 event, attendees were treated to a special presentation of Disney Infinity on top of a pre-release screening of Disney's Maleficent. During the Disney Infinity portion of the event, guests were shown images of Merida and Maleficent in the toy box as well as given a limited edition (of 500) print of the Maleficent figure shown from concept to final character mold." -Pixar Post
|Merida image courtesy of Aldo Ortega|
Maleficent promo poster image courtesy of Chris Yeoh
|Disney Infinity 2.0 Toy box images of Merida & Maleficent|
courtesy of Travis Denman
"No doubt timed to the release of Maleficent in theaters, this announcement gives us a better idea of what we can expect from some of the non-Marvel characters in the game. Merida and Maleficent figures will go on sale without Play Sets, meaning they will only be playable in the Toy Box mode. However, the interactive mode has been given incredible new features, as Disney has gone on record stating that there will be mini games present that provide more structured play. In the previous game, the Toy Box focused on gamers building their own worlds the way they wanted to – while the new game also allows this, the aforementioned mini games and provided assistance from the game will make the mode less overwhelming while also giving the characters more to do.
Merida has her trademark bow and arrows, along with a sword to engage in combat, staying true to the fiery spirit we saw in Brave. Maleficent, who seems to be modeled after Angelina Jolie’s turn as the iconic villain, unsurprisingly comes with magical powers that will make her a powerful foe when faced from a distance.
- Merida: With her untamed fiery red locks, this headstrong Princess will definitely leave her mark in Disney Infinity. Between her sharp sword and bow combo attacks with ricocheting arrows, she can upgrade her aim with elemental freeze arrows, freezing enemies in front of her then following up with rapid shots showing off her impressive athletic skills as an archer and sword fighter.
- Maleficent: The wicked title character from the... Walt Disney Studios film employs numerous magical powers and can attack using her magic in melee and ranged combat. To defeat enemies, Maleficent has the ability to utilize projectile and area of effect attacks that affect multiple targets within a specified area, brambles that she summons from the ground and ravens that she can call on to attack targets.
Watch the new trailer, featuring the two characters below:
"Disney Infinity 2.0"'s marketing in right now really all about Marvel right now, like in the press event, but with the new news it looks like they're still non-Marvel hope. In the final part of the press event recap they're be a couple more details and a new Disney Infinity segment on this site!
Are you excited about the new news or what will be in the starter pack?