April 7, 2014

Post 119: "Incredibles 2" & "Cars 3" Confirmed

Hi everyone! As 'Cars 2' wasn't as big as a movie that they were rooting for and that people REALLY WANTED a sequel to 'The Incredibles', they are now giving 'Cars' a second chance and giving what fans want.

"In 2004, when Disney owned sequel rights, Disney announced plans to make sequels for The Incredibles and Finding Nemo without Pixar involvement. Those plans were subsequently scrapped.

When Disney acquired Pixar in 2006, the expectation of Disney was that Pixar would create more sequels and bankable franchises. Director Brad Bird stated in 2007 that he was open to the idea of a sequel if he could come up with an idea superior to the original film: "I have pieces that I think are good, but I don't have them all together," Bird said.

During an interview in May 2013, Bird reiterated his interest in making a sequel. "I have been thinking about it. People think that I have not been, but I have. Because I love those characters and love that world," said Bird. "I am stroking my chin and scratching my head. I have many, many elements that I think would work really well in another Incredibles film, and if I can get ‘em to click all together, I would probably wanna do that."

At the Disney shareholders meeting in March 2014, Disney CEO and chairman Bob Iger confirmed that Pixar is working on another The Incredibles film, with Bird returning as writer" -Wikipedia

Also Hypable said:
"Speaking to Digital Spy, Jackson says he’s very aware that the sequel is in development and that his character is a part of the story: “Every time I run into Brad, he always tells me Frozone is part of what’s going on, so I have to believe that.”

While Jackson didn’t say much about what he knows, he seems cautiously optimistic that he’ll be called on to reprise his voice role: “I guess they could be the Incredibles without Frozone, but I think Frozone would be a wonderful addition to what’s already there.”
In case you forgot: Frozone is Mr. Incredibles’ best friend and superhero partner.

The original film ended on a cliffhanger that opened a wide door for a sequel: The Incredibles family are introduced to a new villain called the Underminer, who they plan to go to battle with when they put their superhero clothes back on. Given the fact that it’ll be well over 10 years between the two Incredibles movies, it’s quite possible that the Underminer won’t be a focus on the sequel and instead will time jump like Toy Story 3 did."

Now about that 'Cars 3' thing...
A while back there was an interview...

"In a recent interview with Route 66 News, Michael Wallis, voice of Sheriff and author of numerous books including Route 66: The Mother Road, may have leaked information regarding this highly rumored sequel. During the interview he revealed that not only was he excited that Cars 3 was underway, but that the basis for the movie would center back around the mother road - transferring from Route 66 to Route 99. Michael mentions that Route 99 (also known as the Pacific Highway or the Golden State Highway) is the highway that runs through the middle of California."- Pixar Post



Well now it's official!

Now what do you think of 'Incredibles 2' and the now true 'Cars 3'?
 

No comments: